Rainbow Mountains of the Andes with Rafting – 2 Days / 1 Night
Rainbow Mountain with Urubamba River Rafting
A magnificent trek, the true image of the high Andes. One of the most spectacular Andean trekking adventures. You will have the chance to meet traditional, native Quechua Indians who live at 14,000 feet, tending their herds of llamas and alpacas. They live in an isolated region of the Cordillera Vilcanota among sparkling glaciers, colorful lakes and relaxing hot springs.
You will also have a good chance of encountering condors, the worlds largest flying bird, and other Andean fauna such as vicuña, practically extinct elsewhere.
The Urubamba River runs from the high Andean ranges down through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, past Machupicchu and into the jungle. It has some exciting whitewater depending on the section of the river being done and the time of the year. One of our most popular rafting sections during the season is the “Chuqui” section of the river on the Upper Urubamba. There are good class IIl rapids and the water is not contaminated.
The Ausangate Rainbow Mountain in Peru is a treasure so hidden that only the gods and a few lucky tourists are able to enjoy it.
This hidden world is one of those places that tourists have yet to discover.
In fact, it can even be difficult to find information regarding what visitors can expect to discover while touring this enchanted area. Are you an adventurer dreaming of an undiscovered gem located off the beaten path? If you think all the beautiful places on the planet have already been popularized by tourists, you haven’t seen Ausangate Peru Rainbow Mountain.
Rainbow Mountain Highlights
- Trek to the summit of Vinicunca and Rainbow Mountain.
- Experience a remote and beautiful area of de the rainbow mountains in a short time.
- Enjoy the beautiful natural stages of the Andes, and Ausangate Mountain.
- A magnificent full-day trip among the largest peaks in Peru – South America.
- Natural scenery tour, away from other groups of travelers
Rainbow Mountain Itinerary
We will be Pick up you at 8:50 am at your hotel in Cusco.in Our private transportation will take us to our camping ground at “Cusipata River Lodge ”, where we can leave your baggage. Here you will enjoy, hot showers, toilets, sauna and a comfortable dining area. Our Professional River guides will provide you with all the proper Rafting equipment such as helmet, wetsuit, spray jacket, paddle and self-bailing raft.
After a comprehensive safety talk, you will drive 10 minutes more to Chuqui them We will be running exciting class III and III+. You will spend about two hours floating time, Afterwards, will finish the rafting at CUSIPATA RIVER LODGE “where a good hot lunch will be served in our dining room ,and you can enjoy a relaxing SAUNA.
And also a Zipline where we have 2 cables over to the Urubamba river each one from 100 mts. You will spend the night at “CUSIPATA RIVER LODGE”, where we have comfortable doublé rooms with private bath, a sauna plus zip line, you will fall asleep under the whisper of the river.
- Private Transportation.
- All the rafting equipment, such as helmets, life jackets, spray jackets, wetsuits, paddles & Raft.
- Professional trekking and River guides.
- 2 lunch, 1 Dinner 1 breakfast, we can accommodate to a vegetarian diet upon request.
- Photos and video upon request for an additional charge.
- Safety Kayaker.
- Doublé room.
- Light tennis shoes or sandals for the river
- Cap or hat
- Sweatshirt and sweat pants for the camp
- Extra pair of tennis shoes for the camp
- Flash light with spare batteries
- Short pants
- Water bottle-Insect repellent
- A most friendly and positive mental attitude
You Need to Bring for the Rainbow Mountain Trek
- Wearing sneakers or shoes without a heel for walks
- Personal toiletries.
- Personal medicine kit (bandages, cotton, bandages, alcohol, aspirin, pills for stomach problems, medicines to prevent altitude sickness).
- Boots or shoes for walking, without heel.
- Walking stick with rounded rubber tip.
- Hat or cap.
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Bottle of water and tablets to purify the water.
- Dehydrated fruits, candies and chocolates
- Gloves, scarf, wool socks.
- Impermeable in the rainy season (November to March).
- Long pants.
- Sweaters and a jacket
- Small Backpack for hiking.
- Towel and toilet paper.
- Warm clothes in case of cold (jersey and jacket).
Yo need to bring for Rafting Day
- A complete set of dry clothing.
- A pair of sandals or tennis shoes for the river that will get wet.
- Sun Block.
- A small towel.
- A bathing suit to wear under the wetsuit.
- A good positive mental aptitude.
Pricing Private Service
To confirm your reservation just send us US$ 120.00 per person and your trip application Our accounting department will contact you in less than 24 hours, with your invoice and voucher..