Headwater of the Amazon Tambopata river – 8 Days / 7 Nights
Tambopata River Rafting – Headwater of Amazon
Programed Departures for 2019
Exciting Jungle Expedition in the tropical rainforest in one of the remotest corners of Per, at the Tambopata Candamo Natural Reserve, near the Bolivian and Brazilian border on the edge of the Amazon basin. This trip has all the ingredients of an epic and unforgettable journey. Our expedition starts in the town of Cusco, Our private transportation will take us across the altiplano down to high tropical rain forest and to the end of the road, where we put-in.
Well, board raft sand uses the river as a highway into the jungle. From this point we leave behind the last sights of pioneer’s farmers and gold pan settlers; to enter the magic and mysterious world of the tropical rainforest. This provides the habitat for a diverse species of plant and animals including 8 species of macaws, 13 species of monkeys, 530 species of birds, ocelot, jaguar, capybara, tapir, caiman, giant river otters, and many more.
We will be floating for 5 days, running Class III and IV rapids. Later, well arrive at the world-renowned Macaw lick (see National Geographic; January 1994 ) where we will spend the night, allowing us to see these magnificent birds at dawn. Then we will take a motorized dug-out canoe to the frontier town of Puerto Maldonado ;where we spend the night and end our journey.
Afterward we begin our return journey by a motorized dugout canoe, to the frontier town of Puerto Maldonado and then by airplane to Cusco.
Highlights Tambopata Tour 8 Days
This exciting expedition through the rainforest in one of the most remote corners of Peru, in the Tambopata Candamo Natural Reserve, located near the border between Bolivia and Brazil; on the edge of the Amazon basin. Our tour has everything needed to be an epic and unforgettable journey; starting our expedition in Cusco; from where our transportation will take us through the highlands of Peru until we reach our starting point for this incredible adventure.
Detailed Itinerary Tambopata Tour 8 Days
Include in the 2-Days Inca Trail
- Private transportation Cusco to Putina punco
- River transportation to Puerto Maldonado
- 01 night Hotel in Puerto maldonado
- All meals and excellent diet during the expedition.
- All professional rafting equipment (dries bags and class V river gear)
- All camping gear ( dinning tent, double person tents, mattress, etc).
- 01 night at TRC lodge in double acomodation.
- Safety and professional river procedure.
- Best Peruvians river guides (Swift water rescue and wilderness first responder courses)
- Flight to Lima or Cusco and others not mentioned
- Hotels in Cusco and meals in the cities no mentioned in the program.
- Sleeping bag
- Tips and extra spends or services not described.
We Recommend to bring to the Short Inca Trail
- Hiking shoes or boots
- Light clothes
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle
- Windbreaker jacket, hat, sunblock, sunglasses
- Chocolates, candies, and other snacks.
- Camera with good batteries
- Extra money in “Soles” (Peruvian national currency)
Price List Tambopata Tour 9 Days
From 2 to 3 participants
From 4 to 8 participants
From 9 to 16 participants
To confirm your reservation just send us US$ 700.00 per person and your trip application Our accounting department will contact you in less than 24 hours, with your invoice and voucher.