Apurimac River Rafting Black Canyon 3D – 2N
Overview Apurimac River Rafting – Upper Section (Class III & IV)
The Apurimac River, is the main and farthest tributary of the Amazon River. The Apurimac Canyon, with its depth of more than 2,000 meters, is considered one of the deepest in Peru and one of the 10 best rafting trips in the world. It is an imposing degranito canyon, with vertical and shiny walls, incredible geological formations, giant rocks and capricious shapes due to water erosion. We will also have the opportunity to see condors, deer, river otters, foxes and a variety of birds.
The section of the Black Canyon is characterized by its large number of white sandy beaches and its long sections of calm and crystal clear waters. This trip is ideal for people with little or no experience in the river, wanting to have a relaxed trip, in contact with nature and with the necessary dose of action.
The Apurimac river (Speaker of the Gods) in the native Inca Language, is the most direct source of the Amazon River, making it the longest river in the world. It has different sections, some of them are very good for rafting.
This river rafting is rated among the 10 best rafting trips in the world. We start the trip in Cusco at 3,400 mts altitude and drive down to the canyon at 2200 meters. So the weather is warm
Highlights of Apurimac River Rafting Black Canyon
The highlight of this section of the Black Canyon has many beaches, in addition to enjoying clear and crystalline waters in addition to enjoying a permanent contact with nature, and all combined with lots of action and adventure.
Prices Apurimac River Rafting Black Canyon
We will pick you up at you hotel at 8:45 am A spectacular ride through grassy open sierra down into the Apurimac river canyon at 2,200 meters altitude, we put in at a sandy beach at “Rocoto“. Our Swift water Rescue certifies English speaking professional river guides will provide you with all the proper equipment and give you a safety talk. Once in the water we will enjoy class III rapids, along the way we will encounter the bases of ancient Inca bridges, and admire the beauty of the waterfalls.On the flat water section of this river, we will add some extra toys to play, such as inflatable kayaks (Duckys) and hydrospeed. (L+D)
Early morning weak up call for a fresh fruit salad breakfast with oats and yogurt, Coffee, Tea, granola. A walk near the camp to admire the flora.We pack our gear and start the float, today we can run more class lll plus rapids and have time to explore a creak, then we pass this magnificent rock formation called the ” Black Canyon”, afterwards a tributary river the Santo Tomas brings more water into the river and we will encounter several class IV rapids. A very good healthy lunch will be served and later on the float, we will see some hanging bridges, also there are some good chances of close encounters with the local fauna, such as the Torrent duck, foxes, Andean gull, the magnificent Condor. Cam o a Sandy beach underneath the stars of the Souther hemisphere. such as the Milky Way and the Souther Cross.(B+L+D).
Another delicious breakfast and into the water day we have the most intense class IV rapids. Such as “Trinchera”,”El Encuentro”, “The other right”. We will have more time to explore the waterfalls and the creaks also time to play with the duckys and hydro Speed. Arrival at Puente Walpachaca around noon for a 4 hour drive back to Cusco.
- All the meals while on the river (2 Breakfast 3 lunch, 2 Dinner).
- State of the art Rafting equipment.
- Swift Water Rescue qualified English speaking professional river guides.
- Safety Kayak and/or Catarafts depending on the number of participants.
- Inflatable kayaks and Hydro Speeds.
- Double occupancy tents with mattresses and lightweight, sleeping bags with cotton sheets.
- Transportation to and from the river.
- Comprehensive Emergency First Aid Kit.
- Sustainable environmental practices and procedures.
- Hotels and Transfers in Cusco
- Tips, drinks laundry
- other services not mentioned
We Recommend to bring
- Light tennis shoes or sandals for the river
- Cap or hat
- Sweatshirt and sweat pants for the camp
- Extra pair of tennis shoes for the camp
- Flash light with spare batteries
- Short pants
- Water bottle-Insect repellent
- A most friendly and positive mental attitude
*** NOTE APURIMAC RIVER RAFTING: … After the Rafting trip you can combine it with the Salkantay Trek to Machupicchu 5D/4N or if permits are available, the Salcantay Inca trail to Machu Picchu trek 6d/5n.
DEPARTURES 2018: April to November
November 30, 2018 (I Want to join to this group)
- Previous experience is recommended, and it is necessary to know how to swim and to be in regular physical condition.
- It is an expedition type trip and we will take all our equipment in the rafts, so we have to take only the basic personal equipment, which should not exceed 8 kg per person.
- We will be around 2,000 meters above sea level so it will be hot during the day and the temperature does not drop much during the night.
The night before leaving, you will be given the dry bags (special bags against the water) to put your personal equipment, so it will not be necessary to carry briefcases.
- The water may be cold, so neoprene suits and waterproof jackets will be distributed.
To confirm your reservation just send us US$ 220.00 per person and your trip application Our accounting department will contact you in less than 24 hours, with your invoice and voucher..