A remote and ancient footpath in the same region of the Inca trail, but less traveled and offering more spectacular views. This route provides a magnificent wilderness alternative for those who wish to escape the more congested trekking routes.
On the trail, we pass through an amazing progression of ecological zones, from sparsely vegetated alpine meadows flanking two spectacular 20,000' glaciered peaks, down through subtropical forest into the Inca Trail. We arrive later to the "Lost City of the Incas¨, MachuPicchu.
We are proud to say that we run Ecological safe trips and that we try to recycle everything possible. For instance all the organic left overs from the trips are collected and taken back to Cusco were it gets mixed with the manure of our egg producing chickens and rabbit manure , so we make compost. After some time we mixed it with california worms and produce Humus. Later on this is used as a natural fertilizer in our green houses to produce vegetables , irrigated with clean water , so they are organically grown . Such as our lettuces , cucumbers, onions,potatoes, cilantro , basil, spinach, beats , green beans , red peppers , carrots ,etc.
All the inorganic and human waste is collected in different containers and taken back to Cusco , to be disposed of at the local dump.
If you take this trip with us, we will give you a ONE DAY RAFTING TRIP FOR FREE , also a T-Shirt.
Day 01: Cusco - Mollepata - Soraypampa
Early morning beautiful scenic drive from Cusco to Mollepata and up to Soraypampa where we camp at the head of the trail. Our Mule wrangles and mules will be wayting . You will enjoy tea time and later dinner in our dinning tent, with tables and stools and a good cook that will prepair excellent meals. (L+D)
Day 02: Soraypampa - Sisaypampa
We start our trek escorted by a bilingual guide and camp crew. Mules carry our luggage and a few saddle horses are available in case they are needed. Today, we slowly hike up to the Inca Chirihasca Pass at 5,000 meters. We hike along the right face of the massive Salcantay with magnificent views of snow- covered peaks. Then we descend to our camp at Sisaypampa.(B+L+D)
Day 03: Sisaypampa - Llullucchapampa
After a healthy breakfast, we start hiking, bypassing the hamlet of Huayabamba and entering the main Inca Trail. We then go through an Andean cloudforest to camp above the tree line at Llulluchapampa. (B+L+D)
Day 04: Llullucchapampa/ Phuyupatamarca
Early morning rise to start our hike to the Warmiwanusca Pass. Entering a clear Inca Trail , this is one of the best days on the Camino Inca with a visit to the ruins of Sayacmarca, Conchamarca and later camping near Phuyupatamarca, (City Above the Clouds ) Magnificent views of the Veronica and Salcantay Ranges. (B+L+D)
Day 05: Phuyupatamarca / Machu Pichu
Early morning wake-up call to see the sun rise over the ruins. This is the best camp on all the Inca Trail.After breakfast, trek down to the ruins of Winay Wayna and then through the ¨Gates of the Sun¨ (Inti Punku) and into MachuPicchu, the Lost City of the Incas¨. Overnight at a hotel of your choice at the town of Aguas Calientes.(B+L)
Day 06: Machu Picchu - All day visit to this ancient Inca sanctuary
Late afternoon train back to Cusco. Transfer to your hotel. (B)
- Transportation to the head of the trail.
- For the first portion of the trek, we will have mules and horses, then later we will have porters.
- All the meals during the trek
- Professional bilingual guide, cook, assistant cook
- Double-occupancy tents
- Dining tent, kitchen tent, latrine tent.
- Clients do not carry anything but a day pack.
- Single tent supplement US $ 15.00.
- Sleeping bag rental US $ 5.00 a day.
- Advise if vegetarian diet is required.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International or Local Airfare
- Sleeping bags -Personal equipment
- Overnight at Machu Picchu
Entrance ticket to the Inka trail( us $ 93 for adults or us $ 47 for students with ISIC card)
• Clients do not carry anything but a day pack.
• Sleeping bag rental US $ 5.00 per day.
• We provide you with an insulite mattress, if you want to Up-Grade, for a therma-rest mattress, the cost is US $ 5.00 per day.
• Advise if vegetarian diet is required.
• Single tent supplement US $ 15.00
• From 2 participants US $ 997.00 each
• From 3 to 5 participants US $ 867.00 each
• From 6 to 8 participants US $ 757.00 each
• From 9 to 16 participants US $ 693.00 each
According to government regulations only 500 people can enter the Inca Trail each day, this includes porters, cooks, guides and tourists there are 180 auhorized tour operators, as ourselves and permits are sold out on a first pay basis.
To confirm your reservation just send us US$ 250.00 per person
and your trip application Our accounting department will contact you in less than 24 hours, with your invoice and voucher.